The Sherer Trio — comprised of Goshen College faculty members Solomia Soroka, violin; Matthew Hill, piano; and Dato Machavariani, cello — will present a concert of chamber music in Rieth Recital Hall. This recital is given as part of the 2021 Sherer Violin and Piano Competition. Open to the public.
The Sherer Trio is named in honor of the late Lon and Kathryn Sherer, Goshen College Professors Emeritus of Music. For 40 years, Lon (violin) and Kathryn (piano) created, nurtured and developed instrumental music at Goshen College, bringing the program to unprecedented heights through their talent, hard work, and pedagogy.
Performance: The Sherer Trio
Series: Music Dept/Music Center Concerts
Date: September 10, 2021 @ 7:30 pm
Location: Rieth Recital Hall
Pricing: Free and open to the public
Notes about this event:
For the safety of our patrons, artists and staff, the following precautions are being observed in response to COVID-19:
- At this time, all patrons and staff will be required to wear face masks while indoors on campus. We will continually monitor and adjust the need for this requirement based on county vaccination rates and transmission rates.
- At this time, we will not be limiting seating capacity. Extra seats can be purchased if you would like additional buffer seating.
- The performance venues are well ventilated and air is exchanged frequently.
- The facilities will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each performance, and hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout the facility.
- All event staff are required to complete a daily wellness check before coming to work.
- We ask that all guests follow recommendations from the CDC and do not attend a show if you have a fever, cough or respiratory symptoms, or have recently been in contact with someone who was sick.
We will continue to monitor the pandemic throughout the coming months, and make adjustments on safety protocols based on local health guidelines, transmission and vaccination rates.