Music Together RHYTHM KIDS™
A brand new Music Together experience for children K–2!
Rhythm Kids™ K-2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 through 8).
An exciting new addition to our Music Together® offerings!
Taught by veteran Music Together® teacher Tracey Weirich, the cost for this session is $210 (siblings can attend for $150 each) and includes:
- 10 weekly, 45-min. classes
- Actual djembe drum
- Animal Collection Songbook and CDs (2 copies) each semester
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
Participating children will:
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
- Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Rhythm Kids™ follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids™ experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids™ creator Tom Foote.
Rhythm Kids will meet Wednesdays from 4:15 – 5:00 p.m. on the following dates in Spring 2018: January 10, 17, 24, 31, February 7, 21, 28, March 7, 14, 21. The class will be held at Prairie Street Mennonite Church (NOTE: new location!)
Tuition is $210 per child. Siblings may attend for a discounted rate of $150.
Note: If you already have a djembe drum to use at home for practice and to bring to the weekly class, the first enrolled child may register at the reduced rate of $150 for tuition only. If this applies to you and your child, please call the Music Center Office to register at (574) 535-7361.
Purple Pass Concerts
Community School of the Arts students and their immediate family members may attend many events at the Music Center for free that others pay admission to attend. Identify yourself at the box office or call the Goshen College Box Office to claim your free tickets. For a complete listing of Purple Pass concerts, click below.