Music Together RHYTHM KIDS™ CLASSES
Rhythm Kids™ K-2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 through 8). It follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8.
In each weekly music class, we drum, sing, move, and play to rhythms inspired by musical traditions around the world, from West African Gahu, to Japanese Taiko, to Brazilian Samba, just to name a few.
Students learn to compose, choreograph, and conduct as they play—and play with!—a variety of musical instruments: West African djembe drums, percussion instruments, and, the most important instruments of all, their voices and their bodies. As your big kid learns to think and create like a musician, they’ll also build musical connections to the global community. Classes include:
- immersion in the musical language of many cultures
- playful music games with rules
- opportunities to lead, balanced with opportunities to collaborate
- deep exposure to complex, fun, and rockin’ music
- many chances to solo, improvise, and work in ensembles
- rich, creative experimentation and expression, improvisation, and innovation
COVID-19 Safety Protocols:
Our in-person classes will follow the following COVID-19 safety protocols:
- Mask policy
- All adults wear masks.
- In accordance with state and campus guidelines, children over age 8 are required to wear masks. Children ages 4-7 are encouraged but not required to.
- Family units will be seated together, distanced from other families as it’s possible.
- In the event that in-person classes become impossible, classes will shift online.
- Some classes may shift outside if the weather is nice! In accordance with the Goshen College Pandemic Task Force’s guidelines, masks will be optional outside.
Fall 2021 Rhythm Kids Class!
Our fall 2021 Rhythm Kids class will be held at the Goshen College Music Center. Check back soon for more information!
Upcoming Music Together Class for Babies
|Thursday||4:00-4:45pm|| September 23, 30, October 7, 14, 28, November 4, 11, 18, December 2, 9||Goshen College Music Center Room 110 or 100||Jenny Campagna|
|Thursday||5:00-5:45pm|| September 23, 30, October 7, 14, 28, November 4, 11, 18, December 2, 9||Goshen College Music Center Room 110 or 100||Jenny Campagna|
$175 Full Price, $100 Reduced Lunch, $50 Free Lunch
(Free & Reduced Lunch Guidelines are listed below)
Siblings will receive a 40% discount off of tuition, including financial aid tiers. Families with one child in Family Class and another in Rhythm Kids will receive a 20% discount.
2020-21 Federal Free & Reduced Lunch Guidelines
The Music Center is committed to helping ensure that all children have the ability to participate in musical activities. With three levels of pricing based on the following income guidelines used by the Federal Free and Reduced School Lunch Program, we ask you to self-select your rate of payment on your honor. When registering, you will be given the option to select for which tier of financial aid your family qualifies and pay the corresponding amount.
if annual income is at least:
| Reduced Lunch Tuition:
if annual income is between:
|Free Lunch Tuition:
if annual income is less than:
|2||$31,285||$31,284 – $21,984||$21,983|
|3||$39,462||$39,461 – $27,730||$27,729|
|4||$47,639||$47,638 – $33,476||$33,475|
|5||$55,816||$55,815 – $39,222||$39,221|
|6||$63,993||$63,992 – $44,968||$44,967|
|7||$72,170||$72,169 – $50,714||$50,713|
|8||$80,347||$80,346 – $56,460||$56,459|
Purple Pass Concerts
Community School of the Arts students and their immediate family members may attend many events at the Music Center for free that others pay admission to attend. Identify yourself at the box office or call the Goshen College Box Office to claim your free tickets. For a complete listing of Purple Pass concerts, click below.