Free Music Together Classes FOR BABIES
FREE classes for infants from birth to 8 mos. and their caregivers!
(for residents of Elkhart County, Indiana)
Please accept our gift of 6 FREE Music Together classes, in collaboration with Horizon Education Alliance. Classes are forming now for parents and babies from newborn to 8 months old born or living in Elkhart County.
Did You Know?
Music and movement activity can improve parent-child bonding, language learning and increased brain function for your infant. Research shows that infants with these benefits are generally more confident, more emotionally stable, and when older they experience greater success in school.
Music Together® classes provide time and focus for nurturing the very important connections between you and your baby. Trained specialists lead these classes using music and movement to stimulate your baby’s development.
FREE Classes for You and Your Baby
Music Together babies classes will be offered in a session of 6 weekly meetings of 45 minutes each. Join us for singing, movement, and learning strategies to nurture your baby through music! Each participating family will receive a CD and informational pamphlet. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our classes will observe the following safety protocols:
- Mask policy
- All teachers wear a mask or a face shield.
- All parents wear masks.
- Infants are not required to wear masks.
- Family units will be seated together at a 6-foot distance from other families.
- Each family unit will be assigned their own set of instruments and props.
- In the event that in-person classes become impossible, classes will shift online.
- During this summer session, some classes may shift outside if the weather is nice! In accordance with the Goshen College Pandemic Task Force’s guidelines, masks will be optional outside.
Childcare will be provided for older siblings during our Free Babies Classes. Please indicate on the registration form below whether any older children will be in need of childcare while you and your baby attend class, and include older children’s names and ages.
Upcoming Music Together Classes for Babies
|Mondays||9:30-10:15 am|| June 28, July 12, 19, 26, August 2, 9||Elkhart CAPS office||Becky Overholt|
|Tuesdays||6:00-6:45 pm|| June 29, July 6, 13, 20, 27, August 3||Goshen College Music Center||Jenny Campagna|
|Wednesdays||10:30-11:15 am|| June 23, 30, July 7, 14, 21, 28||Greencroft Middlebury Community Center||Kristen Snyder|