Free Music Together Classes FOR BABIES
FREE classes for infants from birth to 8 mos. and their caregivers!
(for residents of Elkhart County, Indiana)
Please accept our gift of 6 FREE Music Together classes, in collaboration with Horizon Education Alliance. Classes are forming now for parents and babies from newborn to 8 months old born or living in Elkhart County.
Did You Know?
Music and movement activity can improve parent-child bonding, language learning and increased brain function for your infant. Research shows that infants with these benefits are generally more confident, more emotionally stable, and when older they experience greater success in school.
Music Together® classes provide time and focus for nurturing the very important connections between you and your baby. Trained specialists lead these classes using music and movement to stimulate your baby’s development.
Free Classes for You and Your Baby
Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19, the FREE Goshen College Music Together classes for you and your baby will be offered both in person and online via Zoom for the fall session: you may choose the option that works best for you!
In-Person Babies Classes
In-person babies classes will be offered in a session of 6 weekly meetings of 45 minutes each. For in-person classes, the following safety protocols will be implemented:
- Mask policy
- All teachers wear masks and face shields.
- All parents wear masks.
- Babies are not required (or recommended) to wear masks.
- Family units will be seated together at a 6-foot distance from other families.
- Each family unit will be assigned their own set of instruments and props for the fall session.
- A hand sanitizing station will be available for use before and after class.
- Families will be ask to self-screen (guidelines will be posted/shared on our website)
- In the event that in-person classes become impossible, classes will shift online.
- Drop-in visitors (i.e. grandparents, friends) are not allowed to attend classes at this time.
Virtual Babies Classes
Virtual babies classes will be offered in a session of 8 weekly meetings of 30 minutes each. Our virtual classes provide the same opportunities to interact musically with your child and connect with other families – from your own home!
For virtual class participants, your Music Together CD and book may be picked up at the main entrance of the Goshen College Music Center. Pickup times are:
- Tuesday, September 8: 10am-12pm
- Wednesday, September 9: 6-8pm
If you are not able to pick up your materials at the scheduled times, please email Jenny Campagna at email@example.com and we will arrange another way to get your materials to you.
Upcoming In-Person Music Together Classes for Babies
|Saturdays||9:30-10:15 am|| Oct. 24, 31, Nov. 7, 14, 21, Dec. 5||Goshen – Location TBD||Kristen Snyder|
Upcoming Music Together Virtual Classes for Babies
|Fridays||4:30-5:00 pm|| Sept. 4, 11, 18, 25, Oct. 2, 9, 16, 23||Online – Zoom||Kristen Snyder|