CSA Choral Program
Choir Opportunities for Spring 2021:
Spring Semester Highlights:
- A shortened season running from the week of March 14 through May 21.
- NO choral activities in January and February.
- Initial rehearsals (during wintry weather) held inside with masks and physical distancing, in Sauder Concert Hall for 30 minutes and then the Choir Room for 30 minutes to adhere to ventilation guidelines.
- Remaining rehearsals held outside under the tent in the Music Center courtyard with masks, physical distancing, sanitizing, and frequent breaks for ventilation.
- Spring recording sessions on Thursday, May 20 in Sauder Concert Hall.
- Spring outdoor gathering on Friday, May 21 at 7:00 pm at the Pavilion at the Life Center on Plymouth Avenue.
- $75 Full Price Tuition
- $50 Reduced Lunch Rate
- $35 Free Lunch Rate
- Additional Financial Aid may be available for special circumstances–please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire
AUDITIONS for BRAND-NEW CSA choir members
- Have a friend who would like to join our ensembles? Any new students to our program can contact CSA Administration at email@example.com, or call (574) 535-7849 to schedule an audition, and the corresponding director will follow up with them. Please see below for audition requirements.
- NO Audition necessary for any continuing CSA choir members (anyone who has participated in our choirs in the last two years)–even students who are graduating to the next choir!
VIRTUAL AUDITIONS for Spring 2021 CSA Choirs
All auditions will take place over Zoom.
Please stay tuned for more information about audition dates and times.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (574) 535-7849 to schedule an audition.
Rejoice (grades 3-5): No need to prepare anything in advance. Singers will sing a simple, familiar song such as “Happy Birthday” and will listen to a sung line and sing it back.
Shout for Joy (grades 6-8): No need to prepare anything in advance, but singers are welcome to sing a song of their choice! Mrs. Hill will also check singers’ vocal range.
Sommo Voci (grades 9-12): No need to prepare anything in advance, but singers are welcome to sing a song of their choice. Vocalizing scales and aural skills will be explored as part of the audition process.
NO AUDITION NECESSARY for CONTINUING CSA Choir members!
Singing together provides a way of building musical skills while forming meaningful and lasting friendships! The Community School of the Arts offers three choirs for students in third through twelfth grade. Auditions are held at the Music Center each fall and spring: for more information about how you or a friend can get involved, contact CSA Program Director Hillary Harder at (574) 535-7341 or email@example.com.