CSA Choral Program
Join us for the Fall 2020 CSA Virtual Showcase!
The CSA choirs have worked hard this fall amid extraordinary circumstances, coming together each week to make music safely outdoors under a tent, with masks and physical distancing. Thanks to the excellent ventilation system in Sauder Concert Hall and data-driven safety precautions, the choirs were able to pre-record performances for our online virtual showcase. Join us in celebrating their semester of music-making on Sunday, November 29 at either 4:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. The concert will be streamed here.
Choir Opportunities for Spring 2021:
Spring Semester Highlights:
- A shortened season running from late March/early April through the end of May, start and end dates TBA.
- NO choral activities in January and February.
- Rehearsals outside under the tent in the Music Center courtyard with masks, physical distancing, sanitizing, and frequent breaks for ventilation.
- Spring performance at the culmination of our semester, details TBA.
- $100 Full Price Tuition
- $70 Reduced Lunch Rate
- $50 Free Lunch Rate
- Additional Financial Aid may be available for special circumstances–please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire
AUDITIONS for BRAND-NEW CSA choir members
- Have a friend who would like to join our ensembles? Any new students to our program can contact CSA Administration at email@example.com, or call (574) 535-7849 to schedule an audition, and the corresponding director will follow up with them. Please see below for audition requirements.
- NO Audition necessary for any continuing CSA choir members (anyone who has participated in our choirs in the last two years)–even students who are graduating to the next choir!
VIRTUAL AUDITIONS for Spring 2021 CSA Choirs
All auditions will take place over Zoom.
Please stay tuned for more information about audition dates and times.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (574) 535-7849 to schedule an audition.
Rejoice (grades 3-5): No need to prepare anything in advance. Singers will sing a simple, familiar song such as “Happy Birthday” and will listen to a sung line and sing it back.
Shout for Joy (grades 6-8): No need to prepare anything in advance, but singers are welcome to sing a song of their choice! Mrs. Hill will also check singers’ vocal range.
Sommo Voci (grades 9-12): No need to prepare anything in advance, but singers are welcome to sing a song of their choice. Vocalizing scales and aural skills will be explored as part of the audition process.
NO AUDITION NECESSARY for CONTINUING CSA Choir members!
Singing together provides a way of building musical skills while forming meaningful and lasting friendships! The Community School of the Arts offers three choirs for students in third through twelfth grade. Auditions are held at the Music Center each fall and spring: for more information about how you or a friend can get involved, contact CSA Program Director Hillary Harder at (574) 535-7341 or email@example.com.